Wednesday, May 27, 2009

What I've Been Up Too

I've taken an unintentional break from blogging AND facebook! I know, i'm as shocked as you are...but i've been busy. Really busy. You know how it is when people say they're busy, but they're actually not - it's just an excuse to not see you? Well my friends in the blogoshpere, that is not what's going on here. I give you the top five things that have been occupying my time since last week:
5. Work
- It has been off the chain ridiculous. So much going on which makes it even more chaotic than usual. In addition to the organizational changes and my team leaving me for someone else (they're probably thrilled about this) i've had a new job opportunity come into the mix which i'm really excited about, but it's still up in the air.
4. Not living in a SUV by this lake thingy on the way to Jeffersonville
- this is sort of an inside joke, but it was my backup plan if I were in fact to get fired...I mean "let go." Scott let me know today that I would in fact be going with him to our new organization! I think my crying worked? Wait...did you really think I cried? Come on...I just begged a little:)
3. Moving
- I was prepped to move. Excuse me; i've been ready to move. So my bags all three or four or ten are packed. All I needed to do was move my bed, dresser, clothes and a few other miscellaneous things and it would have been a long chapter closed for me. Well Kim has had some really great movement with people looking at her house, so for right now that is off the table. I'm super excited for her, she needs/wants her house to sell something bad. We knew Murphy's Law would step in here the second I was ready. So for now, we'll put the Rosslyn Ave move on ice and start checking out apartments downtown!
2. Chicago
- I made it to the Windy this weekend. It had been awhile and looongg overdue, so I packed my snakeskin overnight bag and headed out on the road! It was super fun of course. Catching up with the usuals and then also Leah and Rachael from Judson (long overdue reunion.) I felt like a little bit of a party pooper because I didn't want to go "out" but seriously that part of my life is mostly over and I enjoy conversation where I can actually hear people now. So I did alot of face time, and I hoped everyone loved it as much as I did. The only thing I would change is having people meet me in a central location and not driving around so much. It's really time consuming and adds to the tiredness that traveling already causes.
1. Miami
- This is my first mention about this subject here, and I can't say that it won't be the last...I want to preserve the goodness and more importantly I need to do everything in my power to not jinx it. But let me just say that it's like I have no one else to talk to or spend time with. I could seriously talk to Miami for hours on end. Someone asked me yesterday what it is I don't like about M, and I had nothing. NOT ONE THING!! Oh no I said I wasn't going to jinx it, so i'm stopping. But I will say that you truly don't know how bad some relationships are until you have a good one. I think I have a good one **squeal**

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where did we get the term "Miami"?