Saturday, May 2, 2009

Discoveries

It's Saturday. Duh. I don't usually blog on the weekend because I am SO (not) busy. Actually the real reason is because I stare at a computer all day everyday and I like to decompress and do "other" activities like watch tv.


But here I am blogging on a Saturday to my mind off of the fact like my legs are itching like someone is paying them to!! TMI? Sorry. I'm 100% convinced of the fact that i'm allergic to shaving cream. I've had mild incidents like this before, but this is enough to make me want to set the can on fire!
So hasta luego Skintimate!!


So I thought i'd share with you some of my discoveries for this week. In no particular order...


1. "The Flat Belly Diet" 4 day bloat detox is the best thing i've done for myself in months. Most people know of my struggle to lose the last 10 pounds for the last year. Nothing has worked. I mean nothing. Working out multiple times a week, eating low-cal or low carb stuff. Nothing. So this week I try this detox. Literally 4 pounds in four days. Magic. Well not quite magic. I had to eat 3 meals and 2 snacks.

**Fast forward almost 48 hours** The leg itching didn't stop for awhile and almost ruined my Saturday!!

Okay, back to the detox. It works! 4 pounds in 4 days! I didn't do it over the weekend, but i'm back today and on the portion control. Super excited to see how many more I can drop before Chicago, i'm hoping for 10, but i'll take 10 total!

2. Baileys Chocolate Cheesecake - once a week I get together with my girlfriends for dinner. We usually just have a smorgasbord of all of our leftovers and end up with a pretty good meal. Abigail had leftovers of this cheesecake she had made for a party and it was one of the best things I have ever tasted! Now, I did not go off the detox...I had one (maybe three small bites) I'm a dessert freak, so this one is definitely going into my repertoire. Go here for the recipe: http://www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1910,149177-228207,00.html


3. Slatkin candles. I love scented candles, but I don't like ones that (are) supposed to smell like cakes, apple pies, babies etc. Slatkin makes the best scented candles. They are not overwhelming, do not give me a headache and they now have a more affordable line at Bath&Body Works. You should know that buy affordable I mean like $1.50 for a votive. I'm pretty sure it's pretty annoying when people say "oh it's so affordable" then it's a frickin $20.
Go get you a candle!

No comments: