Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Wizzark

Okay so usually whenever I talk about work (at least when i'm venting my frustrations) it's not good...blah blah blah. This week, work has been fantastic! No really I am NOT kidding! I've been having some issues with not being challenged and feeling displaced etc and when this happens I totally become numb to things.
So yes admittedly I have been slacking at work for the past few weeks...okay months. I can't help it. I can do my present job with little effort. I know that is sad, and that's why I don't like it. I've been a really hard worker my whole life. Literally I have always been working. I pride myself on doing a good job and making things easier for those around me. I don't do that here. I exert lackluster effort peppered with sarcasm. I'm always telling people, and I quote: "I need to take this more seriously."
So let me rewind to last week. When I decided to turn over a new leaf so to speak. I was really motivated when I worked around people in my group last Thursday instead of sitting by myself in my (cold) cube. Mentally I decided that I would just kick this job in the ass whether or not I liked it and the results have been phenomenal. Almost immediately I was more motivated and felt better about the situation.
Friday I was busy all day....and I had a sense of accomplishment. Even the weekend was really great. Monday I came in with the most energy i've had in weeks here. It was a great day, I was able to help people and most of all I was my super outgoing self, not the surly quiet self that appears at work.
So here comes Tuesday...I am once again filled with energy. A really good work friend who is always looking out for me says via instant messaging that there's a req open in Communications and I would be perfect for it. We all know communicating is my thang! So I look for it, but can't find it...i'm super bummed. Same friend says "call me now!" So I call. Turns out this friend has told my boss (who is also a friend of sorts) about this job and he agrees on the perfection and calls the hiring manager. The hiring manager then calls me and says we'll talk tomorrow (today.)
So we have our weekly team meeting and find out more about the org changes that will affect us...more on that later...then I am to meet with potential new boss.
Meanwhile awesome work friend is giving me a really great pep talk and my current boss comes out of his meeting to do the same. Amazing...these two really care, and i'm getting slightly emotional. I meet with hiring manager and having slight doubts (prior to my pep talks) that I could win him over...I make him LAUGH!! Yes I did it! It's all very early stages, but literally I know all the players and what they want me to do is right up my ally. So I just finished the "official" resume sending and PLEASE everyone - keep your fingers CROSSED!! I'll keep you posted!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

FINGERS CROSSED, YOU MEAN PRAY!!!

Renschke Christians said...

Of COURSE I mean pray!! PLEASE pray for me:))