Monday, November 30, 2009

Goodness!

Well by all intents and purposes this is a manic Monday! No seriously I finished all my work tasks by about 9 AM, and have seriously been playing in the land of email chains and party planning since then.
Now don't get me wrong I heart party planning, but when too many cooks get in the kitchen, the dishes don't get done. Know what i'm sayin? K enough about that.
I've blogged alot in the last couple of days, but mostly because i've had the ideas come to me and i've been able to get to a computer uninterrupted, so yay for sharing my thoughts with the world (I mean two people who read my blog.)
I feel like there is so much going on and yet nothing at the same time, so I thought i'd share some highlights from the weekend. I didn't want to ruin my Thanksgiving blog by saying anything negative, so i'll do it today:)
1. After offering to bring anything from a pie, to a side dish, to pop - all of my offers were declined by the powers that be. So I brought the pumpkin pie that I got after finishing the Turkey Trot earlier that morning. Not my style, but whatever. I was then told by said powers that my contribution was "heartfelt and thought out." Hilarious.
2. Yes at some point my mom did make a comment about me being "uptight." I believe the exact phrase went like this "despite all your traveling, education, job...you're still so uptight. In other words that stick is still lodged where it has been most of your life." This is equally as hilarious as #1. I'm still wondering what i'm so uptight about?
3. Black Friday shopping sucked! What exactly were people buying? I saw nothing that I had to have...strange the lines were intense regardless.
4. I was a little bored. What did I used to do with four days off of work? Why does it seem like the more people I meet, the fewer I have to hang out with?
5. Finally a good one - got to catch up with Kari last night. Love love how someone you don't talk to everyday has such a fresh and unbiased opinion of things going on in your life. This is why Kari and I have been friends since the first time we met 8 years ago!

No comments: