Saturday, November 28, 2009

Home for the Weekend

Thanksgiving is over! Where should I start documenting the moments? Basically I sort of feel like I was back in college and home for the weekend! Why do you ask? Well let's start by the fact that no matter what I volunteered to bring, I was told "it was already being made." I should also say that even though my brother and Emily have been married over 10 years, this is the first holiday we have ever gotten together with them. So here I am back in college driving to moms house ALONE with nothing to bring. This may only be comical to me? Anyways the day started off really well. I ran/walked the Turkey Trot with Kim and then we waited for one of my "good friends" to finish running the 5 mile. After that went up to house where the "whole family" minus me was already cooking, setting the table and watching football of course! Luckily I had the presence of mind to bring a roadie:) And since I've been sick officially for 2 weeks now I was not that fun. Honestly though, who can be fun when their ear hurts so much it makes your jaw hurt and so even eating is a chore?? As lazy as I can be I have never taken two naps in one day! Friday my alarm went off at 6 AM, but ignored it and didn't make it out to Best Buy until 12! Oh well-I don't think I missed much. In the afternoon I drove around some friends of my brothers who don't have a car (long story here.) It was nice to do something for other people, and i'm happy to have had the chance to show them some of our insane shopping traditions!
Fast forward to Saturday and more shopping. Also went to see The Blind Side with mom and dad. Seriously if you haven't seen this movie, run don't walk. Okay now it's Saturday night and since i'm such a wild child, i'm at home blogging! One more day of the weekend-cross your fingers it ends well:)
Turkey Trot medal~ whoo hoo!
Kim has her game face on!

Aidan was chief "don't mess with me"


No comments: