Sunday, November 29, 2009

Cuz You Gotta Have Faith...

"If You say go, we will go If You say wait, we will wait
If You say step out on the water And they say it can't be done
We'll fix our eyes on You and we will come
Your ways are higher than our ways And the plans that You have laid Are good and true
If You call us to the fire You will not withdraw Your hand
We'll gaze into the flames and look for You"
This morning after a phone call from my really good friend Abigail, I was extremely challenged to really seek what God's purpose for me is. Almost immediately the song above popped into my head. It's one of my favorites and I believe speaks volumes without many words.
Abigail and Tim are adopting and their first appointment going to court is this Tuesday, December 1st. They have been fasting and praying most of the weekend, when in fact the exact opposite is true for the rest of us living in the US.
I recalled to AP the first time she really told me about Winnie. It was some time in the Summer and I remember making plans with her that Saturday to do some shopping and get mani pedi's. She didn't mention the fact that she was fasting and asking God's direction for this little girl she had seen on an adoption website. Abigail and Tim were really seeking God to determine whether or not they should adopt a 4 year old versus waiting on the infant they had desired for so long. She was committed to truly seeking God's answer and not just the answer she wanted.
This challenged me this morning especially because I have truly put "all my eggs in one basket." I applied for a new position at NW and this is really the only one that has come my way in such a long time. I have been ready for a new challenge and career path for awhile now, and even though this is not something I would have jumped at the chance for a few years ago, I feel like it's a really good opportunity for me to use and demonstrate my skills.
The thing is though, this is really my ONE CHANCE to get out of my current job for the foreseeable future. Not good. I'm completely stranded if this doesn't work out.
Also my current "dating-ish/not going to put a label on it" relationship is one that is constantly needing my attention. And i'm so conflicted about it for many reasons, I truly truly need some guidance. All that to say that I am fixing my eyes on the only Person who knows the outcome of these two situations. I have never been very religious, but i've learned from experience that faith can move mountains.
My prayer for today is that not only that I can have that faith (like what AP and Tim have demonstrated) but to listen and hear the answers that are waiting for me.

1 comment:

ajshaw said...

Wow Renschke, didn't think a thing about it this morning :) The thing is, there are days when I just CAN'T do it on my own. I've tried plenty, and still do. They end up being miserable days...but the days I see God's handiwork in good and bad situations... are so much better. I love you!! Praying for this job, or whatever one your supposed to have.