Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Renters Gripe

I have been a renter in the past, but my current landord - geez-oh-pete! So rent is due on the first of the month. Duh. But dude does not cash the check until somewhere near the 12th-15th of each month. Halfway between when the next one is due. Seriously?
December topped it all off by the fact that he cashed it on the 23rd!!! The 23rd??? After my many emails asking him if everything was okay etc and receiving no response, he responds with a "going to the bank today." Why thank you mr landlord for your promptness.
So the point of this rant was that this month I mailed on the 1st or whatever not mail day it was at the end of the year. And dude sends my roommate an email on the 4th saying he hasn't received the check yet. Let's point out all the annoyances with this. You A) don't cash it for weeks after you get it B) it was a freaking holiday weekend C) the check comes from me who emails you the first 2 weeks of the month to make sure you got it, so why are you emailing her? Why? So then I email him saying sorry etc there must be a hold up in the mail and please let me know etc when he gets it etc. And what happens? NOTHING! Not a peep. Seriously? I guess i'll just wait until the 23rd when he cashes it and make sure he gets the next one more than seven days later.

No comments: