Saturday, January 23, 2010

January 23rd

23 is my lucky number. For many reasons such as: David Justice was my original favorite baseball player and he wore the #23, Christian Laettner was my original favorite Duke basketball player and he wore #32 which is 23 reversed. Also there's a way to make my birthday 11-2 add up to 23 (i'll explain in person if anyone ever cares to see how I come up with that.) Also Psalm 23 - when I can't remember any Bible verses, when I can't remember why exactly it is I have faith in God; I can always remember Psalm 23.

So as long as I can remember it's been my number - in softball i've only played with a #23 on my back. Anytime there's an option to pick it, most people know that i've already claimed it. Anytime i'm doing something and the #23 is involved I see it as a "sign" that things will be great (i'm prolly losing some of you with this:) but I won't apologize because this number thing is important to me!

So today is the 23rd and as you suspected I think alot of good things happen to me on this day every month. Today happens to be the birthday of someone I am very close to. Since getting to know this person, even though there have been roller coaster moments, my life is truly better. I am a kinder person because of them. So today on my luckiest day, I wish them a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I hope all your dreams come true and your life is filled with lots of happiness!

So below i've copied Psalm 23 for anyone who wants to read it! Have a great day!

Psalm 23: The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, He leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for His name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

2 comments:

Simi said...

you ever think you think too hard? :)

Renschke Christians said...

I know I think too hard which is why I don't sleep and when I do I have weird dreams lol! This was actually one of the easier ones to write...go figure!