Tuesday, September 15, 2009

I cannot make this stuff up!

This could be the title of many of my blogs. As we well know my like is a reality tv show in the making-i'm just waiting for Mark Burnett to offer to produce it.
So last week at volleyball (which I should say has probably been one of the best things i've agreed to do this summer) Kevin, a fellow team member, stepped on my foot. Now granted, this was an accident, but he is not small. And I did think maybe my foot was broken, which would've been okay by me and I would have definitely milked some days off of work for it. But instead it was just badly bruised and very very painful. Very.
So fast forward to Friday when I decide that I deserve a pedicure.
I go to my favorite place on Polaris and skillfully avoid getting the "man." So my really nice lady Cinda and I are getting along just fine...she is fairly quiet and i'm chilling with the chair massager. Well we were so rudely interrupted by someone needing a wax. As luck would have it, Cinda is the only "waxer" on duty.
Enter "the man." Now I had specifically avoided him due to the fact that once before he pretended to give me pedicure and I believe it was more like man handling my foot.
Painful. Very painful.
So I tell "the man" as I had told Cinda, that I hurt my foot and to please be careful. He says to me "I have to rub out the pain." Say what? Hell no. He then proceeds to get some Asian oil (not being racist, it really was Asian oil) and vigorously rub my bruise. Let me tell you-there were tears streaming down my face and yet "the man" did not stop with the rubbing. So he proceeds to tell me that "tomorrow it will just be a small dot and this oil has magical healing powers."
Not so. It was a huge red dot the next day and now three days later is back to a bruise. Sometimes I pat myself on the back for being the kind of person that takes pictures of everything...below are the photo documentations of the shiz that went down...


Pardon my snaggle toe on the end

OMFG

See big red blob, not small dot!

No comments: