Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Hospitality Management

When I was younger we almost always had a relative come from overseas to visit ever summer. So obviously these people did not want to take a 17 hour flight just to stay for a week. Most of them stayed for at least two. I'm not sure, because i've blocked it out of my mind.
I hated it. HATED IT! It was the worst.
These "people" infringing upon my summer and my "plans" and asking me questions in accents that I loathed. Ugh I was such a brat. I'm embarrassed at the me that used to act like that. My mom and I would constantly butt heads about this.
I would complain and complain about having to get up early and make sure everyone had what they needed even if that included full-plate "American breakfasts." You know what I mean right? Eggs, bacon, sausage...the "Why America Is Fat" breakfast!
So why do you ask am I thinking about this now? Well because I love entertaining! It's so ironic right? The things we used to hate instead of becoming good at, we choose to do now? I love having people over. Cleaning up the house and getting everything ready...We've had people over almost every night that we've lived in our new apartment. Seriously it's awesome. Some stay for ten minutes some stay all night.
Doesn't matter to me-i'm honing my hostessing skills. On which I have to toot my own horn here and say that i've done it a few times this summer (hostessing) that is and i'm not too shabby.
Well I guess that's up to the people who have been my guests, so you'll have to ask them!

No comments: