Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I am not...

I am not a cool kid. I've never been. I pretty much prefer to do my own thing and let the chips fall where they may. I am however very guarded. People ask why? I've been stabbed in the back and "screwed" (pardon my language) many times. Ya ya that sounds cliche. But no really. It took me many years to realize that some people just don't have your best interest at heart. So I've learned to just play it close to the vest until you find that you can truly trust someone.
I'm also not a people pleaser. Gone are the days when I tried to make everyone happy and not step on anyones toes. I've realized that sometimes what you're going to say and do might be interpreted in a negative way, and that's okay. True communication is sometimes lost in translation and perception. There's no need to try and be perfect. Too much stress on yourself never has a good result.
Not sure why I chose to write about this when there is so much else going on in my mind? Maybe a subconscious way to vent? Maybe?

1 comment:

Simi said...

this explains in however many words it was why we get along... the whole reality obsession? not so much! hehe but the rest of it... YES; I GET YOU

why is it so hard for others to get it? :)