Monday, March 16, 2009

Follow Your Dreams

So i've been thinking lately as alot of people often do, about following my dreams. I mean everyone has something they would really like to do...be a pilot, a nurse, a clown. What do ask did I want to be? A news reporter. To be more exact, a sports commentator. The funny thing is (or not so funny) is that I never pursued it. I went to college and was a Journalism major but switched to Communications after the first year. I can't even remember why I switched now? Must have been a "really good" reason at the time?
Well these types of decisions come creeping up when you least expect them. In my case it's the year I turn 30 (oh no!) and for the first time i'm really asking the question "what am I doing?"
I sort of feel like i've missed alot of opportunities to follow my dreams especially when it comes to career choices. So when does it become time to "hang up" those dreams and focus on what you're doing right now? I mean as much of a good thing I have going right now at work, it's not what I want to do long term. It's not even what I want to do in the next six months!
So as I continue to dream and most of all execute those dreams...anyone have any thoughts on the subject?

No comments: