Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Rain YES!!

Don't be alarmed. I haven't been abducted by aliens. Normally I would give the rain a thumbs down. 99 out of 100 times I hate it. Yes hate. Not today.
Today i'm liking it - let me explain why. There's a song on my Christian radio station that I think we can all relate to no matter what our religious preferences. I don't any of the exact words except for "Jesus bring the rain." My interpretation about the lyrics is that that the artist is asking God for a little bit of rain (normally bad) to bring out the good in him. To show him how strong he is and how strong his resolve to be a person of faith is. I've been really challenged with this lately because I feel like i've not really displayed my "best side" during the last couple challenges i've faced. I've given into reacting the way I see others react to situations to try and get the same result they do (their own way.) So the last few days i've really tried to stay true to myself and the values that I hold close to my heart despite what's going on around me.
So today it rained and messed up my car wash ha ha! But I am grateful. I feel like the rain was washing away the rest of the dirty snow and with that dirty snow all the stressful emotions of the last few weeks since it was dumped on us. Hopefully. Cross your fingers.

No comments: