Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Stuff

The other morning as I took my seat in my Econ class I had a few of my things sprawled out. I usually sprawl until I can organize it into way that will work. I looked down and took notice of my iPhone, the keys to my A4, my D&G sunglasses and the tupperware containing my organic yogurt, nuts and berries. It happened to be a Starbucks day as well, so we'll throw that into the mix.
I'm not saying this to brag. I'm using the specific items to make a point. I am WAY better off than so many other people. I get that i'm not in the right career field I want and that i'm often annoyed at not having a +1, but I have other things going for me. I do have a job that affords me several luxuries. I am able to buy many of the things that I want (albeit on sale.) I do pursue an active lifestyle and try to eat healthy!
There are so many positives and I am so much more prone to think about what I don't have than to be really grateful for what I do currently possess when it comes to material possessions. I get this is just "stuff" but it's my stuff and i've worked really hard to get it. And I should say, I really like it too! And i'm so thankful to be able to enjoy these things and live life to it's fullest!

No comments: